Students who have completed their core clinical training and will be in the fourth year of medical education at their LCME- or AOA- accredited home institution in North America may apply for an elective experience at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine as a Domestic Visiting Student Applicant.
If you have any questions, please contact us at: email@example.com. Due to the high volume of applicants, we request that you do not phone our office. We can most efficiently route your questions and assist you via the email box. Thank you.
- Applications for 2018-2019 Academic Year will be available February 6, 2018.
- March 2018 - Acceptance notifications begin for students with complete applications recieved and verified by Student Affairs*
- Visiting applications will continue to be accepted throughout the year where slots are still available. See our course catalog for slots remaining.
- Review course information and other important information in our course catalog: UPSOM Course Catalog.
Academic Periods 2018-2019
- No visiting applications in the department of Pediatrics will be accepted for Periods 1 & 2 (May - June).
- Please note: Select Academic Year 2018-19 to view the current course offerings in the Catalog.
- View the Academic Year 2018-2019 Periods (PDF).
- 2018-2019 AY Application Process - Please view and read before requesting an application or submitting questions.
- For department- or course- specific questions, contact the department's student coordinator: Student Coordinator Listing by Department
- Information on required background clearances - Updated 01/26/2018
- Information on required immunizations
- Supplemental Requirements: Required by specific departments only. Please check the link for details.
- Visiting UPSOM
After you have reviewed the information above, you may request an application here on or after February 6, 2018: Online Domestic Visiting Student Application Request